Chulalongkorn University Announcement on Guidelines for Staff Members During the COVID-19 Infection Outbreak
As it is now evident that the COVID-19 infection has spread widely and rapidly leading to an increasing number of persons at risk of being infected. The University is extremely concerned about the health and well-being of its students and staff members and therefore to ensure that the University be able to proceed with orderliness and efficiency accordingly, the University hereby announces the following guidelines:
- The University requests that the section head or the supervising Vice President consider ways to determine how staff members should carry out their work in a manner that is appropriate with the situation and might implement measures that should reduce the risks of COVID-19 infection as follows:
(1) Modify or adjust the working time or days of staff-members as they consider to be appropriate.
(2) Assign work for staff-members to perform without having to travel to their workplace.
In so doing, they must be mindful of the fact that this must not cause any damage to any work related to services rendered to students or the general public.
- In cases where a staff-member is at risk of being infected by the COVID-19 virus, in whatever case or circumstance, they must notify their section head or the supervising Vice President who will consider allowing the person to be absent from work for a period of 14 days from the day their risk has come to their knowledge, an absence that will not be counted as leave days. The staff-member should then follow the COVID-19 screening and monitoring procedures for students and staff at the Chulalongkorn University Health Center (http://www.cuhc.chula.ac.th/th/archives/2368) or call the hotline at telephone number 081-441-9041 (available 24 hours) or 0-02218-0568 (during office hours).
- In cases where staff-members have been allowed or received permission to be absent from their workplace, their section head or the supervising Vice President may assign tasks for them to perform during their absence.
- If urgency or necessity dictates, the section head or the supervising Vice President is authorized to give orders to a staff-member to report for work.
- Where difficulty arises from implementing the guidelines under this announcement, the relevant section head or supervising Vice President shall have the discretion to resolve the situation as appropriate.
These guidelines shall be taken into effect from now onwards.
Announced on 16 March 2020
Prof. Dr. Bundhit Eua-arporn