On April 6, 2021, the COVID-19 Committee Chulalongkorn University was informed by the Office of Student Affairs that two students one from the Faculty of Political Science and the other from the Faculty of Sports Science had been tested for COVID-19 that yielded a positive result. The two infected students have been admitted for treatment in the hospital.
In order to remain vigilant and to ensure that the virus does not spread any further the COVID-19 Committee Chulalongkorn University has implemented the following measures:
- That all common areas that the students had conducted their activities be closed so that disinfection and general cleaning in accordance with standards of public health may take place.
- That the persons who came into close contact with these students be called to be screened at the Chulalongkorn University Health Service Center immediately to reduce the risks of infection and to offer the appropriate advice on measures to be taken.
- Chulalongkorn University students and staff who might suspect that they have contracted COVID-19 from the students should undergo preliminary online risk assessment by accessing http://bkkcovid19.bangkok.go.th/. If it is determined that they are at high risk, then they should receive screening at the Chulalongkorn University Health Service Center immediately by calling 0-2218-0568 or the hotline at 09-1761-0988.
- That preparatory measures be taken in terms of medical examinations, treatment and temporary shelter (CU V Care) facilities for staff members and students who need to be monitored or kept under medical observation.
- For class attendance and reporting to work Chulalongkorn University’s Announcement Regarding Office Opening, Instructions, Class Management and General Operation dated February 25, 2021 remains in effect until further notice (see https://www.chula.ac.th/en/news/44024/ for further details).
The COVID-19 Committee Chulalongkorn University commends all members of the Chula community for their superb efforts in observing the preventive measures that have been implemented. Please continue to be mindful of all the safety precautions one can take especially in the wearing face masks, observing social distancing, checking one’s temperature, registering the “Mor Chana” application and frequently washing our hands.
Should there be any further developments on this matter the COVID-19 Committee Chulalongkorn University will continue to provide further updates and information via the https://www.chula.ac.th/covid-19/ website under “Featured”.
Announced on this April 7, 2021
The COVID-19 Committee Chulalongkorn University